We have all read of the terrible results of crash barriers in stadiums failing or seen pictures of wrecked cars that have broken through barriers on multi-storey car parks and fallen to the ground.
Working with various local councils, manufacturers and structural engineers to name but a few, B.I.T.S. are specialists in barrier testing, dealing in:
· Handrails (Testing and Assessment services to Building Regulations Document K)
· Crowd Control Elements (Testing and Assessment services to Building Regulations Document K)
· Barriers (Testing and Assessment services to Building Regulations Document K)
· Vehicle Barrier Testing Services, including multi-storey car parks, with testing services for existing and replacement barrier systems, concrete parapets, testing loading to BS 6399 and BS 6180.
· Stadium Barrier Testing Services, including but not limited to, football and rugby stadiums. The Stadium Barrier Testing we perform is in accordance with the HMSO Publication "A Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds".
· General Barrier testing both in and around buildings. This general testing service is a product appraisal and development service for existing or new products, satisfying both BS 6180 as well as building regulations, including Safety Glass and In Fill Panels.
Nothing is potentially more serious, disruptive or fatal than a building failure arising from defects, breakages or leakages.
Trading Standards Testing
The Trading Standards officers of all County Councils have a very wide range of products and services to check on.
Building Investigation and Testing Services (Surrey) Ltd
Quarryside Business Park
Holmethorpe Industrial Estate
Watercolor, Thornton Side
Redhill, Surrey RH1 2LJ
Tel: +44 (0)1737 765432
Fax: +44 (0)1737 765431
Mob: +44 (0)7802 524667